Featuring on the Nature Portfolio Instagram Account, with over 180,000 followers, is a great way to boost engagement and increase the visibility of your blog post. It also allows you to share your blog post easily to your own social media channels.
As well as posting on our main feed, we will often share blog posts on our stories and highlights on our profile.
Here are some things you can do when writing your blog post to increase the chances of your post being shared on our Instagram account:
- Make sure that the blog post is engaging and written in a clearer and more accessible language than your research paper. Our audience comes from a broad background and are at varying stages in their career, therefore, the less scientific jargon and acronyms, the better.
- Include a short and clear summary of your research in the introduction.
- Include a number of images and photographs, which will keep the reader engaged with your blog post. Aim for two to five images and/or videos per post.
- Make sure that the images and videos are relevant to the research and of high quality.
- Include descriptions for all your images and videos, as well as credit to the creator or owner of the image. If you aren't sure if you can use a certain image or video in your post, please get in touch with us for advice.
- Videos and gifs are a great way to explain research and engage the readers. They also get the most attention on social media platforms.
- Avoid complex figures. If you must include a figure, make sure it is clearly explained in the description.
For more tips on how to use videos and images in your blog post, visit the ‘About the Community’ channel. If you have any questions about writing a post or about any images you would like to include, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the team via email.
We look forward to seeing your images!
Please sign in or register for FREE
If you are a registered user on Springer Nature Protocols and Methods Community, please sign in